Friday, February 28, 2014

Birthday Cakes by Iko's Breads and Cakes

I first saw Iko's bakeshop when we went to Kapitolyo, Pasig to dine at Three Sisters. They have a well-lit, attractive bakeshop that is hard to miss if passing by Kapitolyo's main gate. Curious of what's inside, I decided to pop in and see what is good to buy. That's when I learned that aside from specialty breads and pastries, they also customize cakes for birthdays and special occasions.



And so I now have another cake supplier that I can order from for the numerous occasions I organize and host - my kids' birthdays, office parties and family gatherings.



Their cakes are reasonably priced. For example, their doll cakes cost only Php499 each. While it's true that the doll cake is relatively small and I bet there's a thick styro beneath, it's still affordable.



I just had my first customized cake ordered from them for my son's 4th birthday celebration. I wanted a Minion themed cake but they refused to accept character cakes as they said they are not licensed to use the designs. It disappointed me a bit but I was also impressed that they are honest with their business.

As alternative, I chose race car design and requested for colors that would match minions. My plan was to buy minion toys and just put them as cake topper. I was thinking of the Minion Rush game in our tablets. Thankfully, it worked quite well and close to how I imagined it.
  


 My 10-inch round cake for my son cost me Php999. A bit cheaper than cakes by Layers and Layers which is just a few meters away from Iko's in Kapitolyo.

They used choco moist cake which is delicious and filling. I read from a few forums that Iko's cakes tend to harden when refrigerated which I agree but it's because the cake is really "full", not chiffon or mamon-type. It's more like a pound cake. All our guests love it, even my sister who ordered from Goldilocks ended up taking home a slice of Iko's cake (my son and my nephew had a joint party) as they liked it better than what they ordered for their son at Goldilocks.

Iko's Breads and Cakes Kapitolyo
6 East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
Telephone No. 02 4743899 
Operating Hours: 8 AM to 8 PM

They are also located in various SM and Savemore Supermarkets.

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! P999 lang talaga sis? Customized na yun? The one on the pic? Nice.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes sis Php999 only. The price is based on the cake size.

      Delete
  2. Read this first before ordering at Ikos:
    http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=261904.345;wap2
    Save yourselves from the hassle Ikos may give you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this first before ordering at Ikos:
    http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=261904.345;wap2
    Save yourselves from the hassle Ikos may give you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's another one from a concerned parent:
    Smart Parenting Forum: Ikos Bakeshop
    Again, save yourselves from the nightmare!

    ReplyDelete